Welcome to the first #ContentConfidante blog post! Veronica here — I asked our followers on IG Stories what they would be interested in reading for our first post. I was super excited when everyone responded with wanting to hear my CEO Routine.
Having a routine is crucial when you are working digitally — and even more importantly — from home. Having structure when there’s little to no separation from you and your office space is essential to prioritizing your boundaries. I definitely have (and still) struggle with maintaining work/personal life boundaries (i.e. working overtime) but I think as entrepreneurs that is something we can all agree on. It’s tricky to find a routine that works best for your goals, productivity, and work ethic. I don’t know about you, but I love reading or listening to people’s daily routines, which is why I wanted to share my current one! It definitely changes and adjusts depending on new techniques I’ve learned, my mood, or cultural changes (like COVID-19)!
- I typically wake up around 8 AM. The first thing I do is turn off my alarm (obviously), but I actually thought it would be important for me to point out that I use the Alarmy app. On the app, you can set missions for yourself to complete before your alarm turns off. You can scan a barcode of something and put it in a different room, so that way you have to get up and scan it before the alarm shuts off or you can set it to solving math problems. This basically forces me up even on days where I’m SUPER comfy and don’t want to wake up.
- The next thing I do is go to the bathroom and change into my workout clothes + throw my hair in a pony. I usually lay out my clothes the day before.
- I splash my face with cold water, brush my teeth, and put in my contacts.
- I make my bed. Every single day. If you’ve watched any millionaire/billionaire mindset videos, this is the number one recommended thing you should do. I truly believe it is crucial for entrepreneurs.
- I ALWAYS drink room temperature lemon water, followed by another glass of water with Liquid Chlorophyll droplets to give me some natural energy and alertness.
- Then I usually do a Zoom workout class (I try and schedule these all on Sunday, so that I have motivation to actually get my workout in). My favorites are: Jabs By Gina, Sweat Therapy by Claire Pham, Sweat x Connection by Reilly, and Solidcore.
- After my workout, I will do 2-3 rounds of The Wim Hof Method Guided Breathwork, followed by a short Insight Timer meditation or body scan.
- Then I will wash my face, moisturize, and apply sunscreen.
- Then I brew some coffee or pick one up and go on a 20-30 minute walk. I really believe getting in sunshine first thing is important for productivity. I also love getting some extra steps in. On my walk, I post all of the content I need to that day for my clients, my personal brand, and my business. I have all of this set up beforehand, so all I have to do is post. I also listen to a podcast or some pump up music.
- Then I take a shower and get ready for my day, if I have Zoom meetings I usually put on something nice and fix myself up a little.
- I typically intermittent fast, but on the days that I don’t I usually eat an avocado toast on seed bread or a GF breakfast taco, something of that nature.
- Around 10 AM, I will either work on client projects, work on content creation, catch up work, or meet with new or existing clients. It kinda depends on the day.
- After I’ve worked for a while, I usually take an hour lunch break and do something that is relaxing and mindless like watch TV, scroll through Pinterest, or watch YouTube videos. I usually eat a sandwich or salad, I have been trying to incorporate more of a vegan lifestyle. So I have been making a lot of vegan lunch recipes.
- Once the hour is up, I return to work and work until about 6 PM.
- After the work day, I usually eat my dinner. I have been meal prepping on Sundays or Mondays and eating that meal for the remainder of the week. I always have something sweet. I really love Simple Mills Chocolate Coconut Soft Baked Cookies.
- After dinner, I will go enjoy the sunset, watch TV, read, maybe go to an outdoor happy hour, it definitely depends on the day!
- Before bed — I will do my skincare regimen, brush my teeth, take an epsom salt bath, and lay out my clothes for the following day. Once I complete those things I light some candles, plug in my phone on the opposite side of the room, and get in bed and read a chapter of a book. I typically sip on some Butterfly Pea Tea (great for anti-aging and cognitive function) as I read.
- Finally, I turn out the lights and put on my sound machine! I love the sound of waves — the ocean is my happy place!
That is about it. Operating a digital media agency in Washington DC is very hustle and bustle. Which is why it’s important to create healthy boundaries. I am very into the health + wellness space, which I think it is important to be — especially as an entrepreneur. It’s all about having a balanced mindset and promoting positivity within yourself and the workplace, because sometimes you are your only cheerleader! Try and find a WFH routine that instills courage, confidence, and relaxation into your workday! Mine is definitely lengthy and a little detailed, but finding certain things that you are able to tackle each day and ones that don’t feel like a chore — should ultimately help you succeed in the long-run.
I hope you enjoyed and stay tuned for more blog posts. They will be posted on Wednesdays at 3:30 PM EST.
Talk to you soon!